We all makeup girls love highlighters, am I right? It is our life savior on any dull skin day.
So I have been hearing a lot of buzz about Sivanna Shining Star Shimmer Bricks off late. Being the huge highlighter junkie that I am, how could I resist myself from picking one?
Want to know whether it is worth the hype it has created in the beauty market? Please keep reading…
About the brand:
I googled a bit and got to know that Sivanna is a Thailand based drugstore makeup brand which is famous for making good quality dupe of high end makeup products! I checked their website and was left amazed with the varieties of products they stock up, the beautiful colors and affordable pricing! But sadly they do not have well defined international shipping process.
Price: This shimmer bricks palette is always available on discounts online. I got it just for 349 bucks!!
What I think about the product:
The glossy black casing with a transparent lid looks like a high end product… classy and sturdy! It does not have any mirror or any brush attached.
I got the shade 03 which has dominant pink tones. There are total 5 colors placed in horizontal striped shape.
- The top shade is a soft champagne neutral toned color. An universally flattering highlighter shade.
- Below that we have a gorgeous orange-ish golden shade which should work beautifully as a sun kissed bronzer, if applied strategically.
- Next there is a pale pink shade which is similar to the top shade but little pinkier than that.
- Then there is a stunning dolly pink shade. My favorite shade in the palette and would be a great GREAT highlighting blush for fair to medium skintones.
- Lastly we have a slightly deeper mauvish pink shade. My second favorite from the palette.
Hufff… I am not very good at describing colors guys. Please refer to the swatch pictures if I have confused you. I am pretty satisfied with how my camera has captured the true colors out of the shades J
Texture and Pigmentation:
Texture is velvet-y smooth and butter-y soft! A delight to work with! And pigmentation is just incredible! Due to the soft texture, it swatches really well.
Since it is so soft and blendable, it is perfect for beginners. You just need a right brush… Even your clean fingertips will do the trick. But remember guys, less is more when it comes to highlighters! At the end you should look like you are glowing from within… not like a sparkling disco ball J
I would say decent! Not very long lasting… Stays for around 3.5-4 hours on my oily-combination skin in air conditioned environment! Also it does not get accumulated into open pores.
- Beautiful pigmented shades
- Buttery smooth texture and very blendable
- Shimmer is very fine yet strong. It does not have chunky glitters.
- Gives beautiful radiant luminosity which imitates naturally glowing skin!
- Minimum fall out
- Extremely Cheap
- Versatile product… there are many ways to wear it, than just highlighters!
- Addition of a mirror and a brush would have made it more compact! But for the price, it might be too much I am asking for.
- Available only at online shopping portals... not exactly a con though!
In all my life I thirsted for Bobbi Brown Shimmer bricks! Then Revlon came up with similar concept of highlighting palettes but those were quite pricey for a drugstore brand! Finally Sivanna Colors has fulfilled my wish of having such a wonderful highlighting palette in my vanity!
I have been absolutely loving this palette these days! It is more worthy than the price it comes for. Highly recommended! Also, I think they have some more similar palettes of different color tones! The other day I spotted the brown one and I was not able to take my eyes off that gorgeousness guys! The very next day it went out of stock L So do not add them in your wishlist if you are lucky enough to get them in stock… Place your order right at that very moment J
PS: I have been experimenting a lot with this palette and came up with multiple ways of using it! Will do a detailed post about it veryyy soon !